Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I am the home page on LinkedIn

I have been asked why my LinkedIn profile is http://www.linkedin.com/in/index - why does it have "index" at the end instead of my name?

Linkedin offers users the option of creating a unique landing page url.  The user chooses a word, which is suppended to "http://www.linkedin.com/in/".

Well, I was a very early linkedin user and when LinkedIn offered me the opportunity to enter any word as my profile page url, I decided to be cute and use "index" thinking it would be reserved or blocked. But lo and behold it was not and now it's what it is.

However, I now realize that when someone sees that url they think I've mistyped my profile page.  Typical me-move, eh? Trying to be cute, I hosed myself. Doh!

1 comment:

  1. genius and hilarious... i thought for sure that you'd listed the wrong URL so i searched for your name rather than clicking on the link. then i saw the URL and just thought "how the hell did he pull that off?"

    ReplyDelete